How to Apply
STEP 1: CREATE AN ACCOUNT
All applicants to The University of the West Indies, Open Campus (UWIOC) (Online Programmes) must begin the application process via the Admissions Portal. First time applicants will be required to create an account and must have a valid email address. When your account has been successfully created, an email confirmation will be sent to your email address with your login credentials. Returning applicants will be required to utilize their existing credentials.
STEP 2: BUILD YOUR APPLICATION PROFILE
You will be required to build your application profile. In order to successfully do so, you will be requested to fill out the following sections of the application form:
- Open Campus Country Site
- Application Type (Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Regional Programmes)
- Entry Term
- Biographic Data and Next to Kin
- Academic History
- Planned Programme of Study
- UWI Affiliation
- Employment History
- Complete and Submit Application
Once an application profile has been created, you do not have to complete your application in one sitting. You can begin the process and complete it any time before the deadline date. You will also be given the option to update or edit your “Personal Information” as you navigate your way through the application form.
STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Upon completion of building your application profile, click on the ‘Application is Complete’ button to submit your application. Once you have successfully submitted, kindly Print and Sign the application receipt.
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents, to their selected Open Campus Country Site, immediately after completing the online application. Original documents along with photocopies of each document must be presented to the Site. The Site staff will certify the photocopies of your documents and return the originals to you. You must submit all required documents in order to complete the application process.
NB: Applicants who have selected a VISO Site should email their notarized documents to The Virtual International Students Office (VISO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signed Application Receipt
- Birth Certificate OR Valid Passport OR Valid National Identification Card
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll (if the name or date of birth on your supporting documents is different from that on your Birth Certificate)
- All Academic Certificates
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Official Transcripts (These must be sent directly from the granting institution) Not applicable to graduates of the UWI
Ms. Keisha Campbell
Assistant Registrar - Admissions & Registration
The University of the West Indies- Open Campus
Old SOCS Building (Adjacent to Central Stationery Stores)
Trinidad & Tobago W.I.
- Two (2) referee reports (Only required for Graduate programmes)
- TOEFL or IELTS Examination Score (applicable only to candidates whose native language is not English. A TOEFL Score of 500 or greater is preferred.)
STEP 5: TRACK YOUR APPLICATION
Log on to the Admissions Portal using the same Login ID and PIN credentials you created in STEP 1 above to track the status of your application. If you have forgotten your Login ID or PIN select the Admissions Password Recovery link or use the Help section on the login page.
Tracking your application allows you to:
- Check the status of your application
- Check whether all required documents were received
- Check the decision on your application
STEP 6: ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER
When your application has been processed and an offer of acceptance is made you will be notified via email.
If you wish to defer your offer, please fill out the Offer Reply form. Deadline date for submission of deferral requests will be September 1, 2018.